Let the building begin...

The view from the front of the property

So much is happening on the Ranch right now. My man cleared another section of our camping plateau. I helped, sort of, I think I cleared a 3’ x 30’ patch of land. 

Pauley Shore in "Son in Law"

I was channeling my inner Pauley Shore from the movie Son-in-Law while driving the tractor. It was fun, and I am proud to say I did something other than drive the tractor around in circles. Now I need a straw hat.

The camping plateau

The camping plateau is the only section of the ranch we will be clearing. The rest of the ranch is natural high desert and will remain that way. 


We had our first shipping container delivered.  We were originally going to use it for storage, then there was The Picture… you know what I’m talking about, a picture of a shipping container which was turned into an amazing cabin.

Click the picture above to see the original blog post on this amazing 
container house on the Living in a Container site. 

Yep, my amazing husband saw one of these beautiful pictures. Goodbye storage, hello summer project. I imagine the Laughing Ass Saloon will be up and running by the end of the summer 😊 BYOB of course. I can’t wait to see what my guy does with this thing! 

More news...

We plan to have the well installed by the end of the summer. That is a big chunk of the Ranch budget for this year since we have no idea how deep it will need to be. We know that our property sits over the aquifer and is directly over a watershed, but I have no idea how far below us those are. 

Once we have a well we are going to plant a few trees in the camping area. So much fun watching the ranch take shape. 

Lots more to share but that is for another day... stay tuned for some exciting news about how Laughing Burro Ranch is expanding.



Comments

Popular Posts